When choosing insulation for your home, there are a variety of factors you may consider such as: heat retention, outside noise reduction and installation method. However, Most insulations do little to nothing to stop pests from invading your home and instead often provides the perfect nesting grounds for many pests. TAP® or Thermal Acoustical Pest Control Insulation not only functions as a superior insulation, it also provides permanent pest control built into your home!
What is TAP® Pest Control Insulation?
TAP® Pest Control Insulation or Thermal Acoustical Pest Control Insulation offers a revolutionary solution to pest control while also providing industry-leading insulation for your home.
TAP® Pest Control Insulation is made through a proprietary process where recycled paper is broken down into a cellulose, cotton-like substance and then infused with a borate solution. The addition of borate is what gives TAP® Pest Control Insulation its pest-eliminating properties. Borate is a natural pesticide that is used to effectively eliminate many common household pests like termites, roaches, beetles, and ants. By incorporating borate into the insulation, TAP® Pest Control Insulation can eradicate pests that commonly hide within traditional insulation, preventing pest infestations before they become a problem.
Pros and Cons of Getting Pest Control Insulation
When making any major decision about your home, weigh the pros and cons. Below are some pros and cons of using TAP® Pest Control Insulation in your home.
- Eco-Friendly: TAP® Insulation is made from over 80% recycled paper material and requires less energy to manufacture than other insulations. Cellulose insulation is one of the most eco-friendly building materials on the market.
- Thermal: One of the most important factors when choosing insulation is its thermal retention properties. TAP® Pest Control Insulation has a higher resistance to thermal transfer when compared to other insulation types. TAP® insulation is a loose-fill material that is blown into place, completely filling in the space it is blown into, improving the overall thermal retention of your home. Studies show that TAP® insulation outperforms other materials by up to 32%, effectively reducing heating and cooling costs in your home.
- Acoustical: In addition to keeping your home at a comfortable temperature all year, insulation also plays an important role in stopping unwanted and disruptive outside noises from entering your home. The same properties that make TAP® Insulation a superior choice for thermal retention also give it excellent acoustical blocking abilities.
- Pest Control: TAP® Pest Control Insulation is infused with the EPA-approved pesticide, borate. The addition of borate into the insulation kills many common household pests such as:
- Boxelder Bugs
- Limited Pest Elimination: Although TAP® Pest Control Insulation protects your home from many household pests it does not offer protection from rodents or squirrels.
- Installation: Due to its specialized nature, TAP® Insulation can only be installed by licensed and experienced pest control technicians.
- Needs Additional Pest Control: TAP® Insulation will eliminate many pests that come in contact with the borate. It does not protect against pests that may enter your home through other means. Even with TAP® Pest Control Insulation in your home, other forms of pest control may be needed.
Installation of TAP® Pest Control Insulation
After choosing to use TAP® Insulation, the next step is finding the right company to install the insulation. Since it is classified as a pest control product, it can only be installed by licensed pest control technicians. At Johnson Pest Control, we take pride in being your trusted TAP® Insulation installation experts. If you are considering TAP® Insulation for your home, contact our team today!