Serving Sevierville | Knoxville | Maryville
Are you a mosquito magnet? For one reason or another, certain people are more attractive to mosquitoes. No matter whether you’ve been bitten once or dozens of times, it’s important to know how to prevent and treat mosquito bites.
A bite from a mosquito usually causes irritation and inflammation, but bites around the world have been known to transmit dangerous and deadly diseases. To keep you and your family safe from the threats of mosquito bites, read on to learn how to handle them.
3 ways to prevent mosquito bites
During the summer when mosquitoes are out in full force, they are known to bite if given the chance. A few of the well-known ways you can prevent a mosquito bite include:
- If possible, avoid going outdoors at dawn or dusk when mosquitoes are most active and bites are most common.
- Cover your arms and legs with long-sleeved shirts, jackets, and long-legged pants. Treating the clothing with insect repellent will help as well.
- If spending a lot of time outdoors, apply insect repellent that contains at least 25 percent DEET. Use this as instructed by the manufacturer.
Need a pest control estimate?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
At-home treatment for mosquito bites
As with any insect bite, mosquito bites can result in irritation, swelling, redness at the site, and other minor symptoms that usually do not last for long. If you have been bitten by a mosquito, the steps you should take to ensure proper healing include:
- When you notice a bite, always wash the bite in cold water and use soap to clean the area.
- Use anti-inflammatories, antihistamines, and over-the-counter hydrocortisone cream if the itching is painful.
- Avoid scratching the site of the bite. This will irritate the skin and could hinder the healing process.
- In the rare case you develop any unexpected symptoms or it appears you’re suffering from an infection, it’s crucial to receive medical attention for proper treatment.
Keep mosquitoes away from your property
Mosquitoes are one of the most feared pests, and for good reason. No one should have to worry about being bitten by a mosquito every time they go in their yard, which is why it’s important to prevent these insects from invading your property in the first place. The mosquito exterminators at Johnson Pest Control provide exceptional mosquito services that can help protect you and your family from mosquitoes. To learn more or to set up a free inspection, call us today!Back to Mosquito Control – Exterminators – Removal
Mosquito Bite Prevention and Treatment in Sevierville TN
Serving Knoxville TN since 1984