How to Get Rid of Mosquitoes in Your Yard
Here in Eastern Tennessee, mosquitoes are one of the most common pest problems in the spring and summertime. As both a nuisance and a threat, mosquitoes are one pest no homeowners want to deal with. Unfortunately, they can be difficult to control once they’ve made themselves at home in your yard. The following methods are popular ways to get rid of mosquitoes in your yard:
- Mosquito traps
- Mosquito netting
- Mosquito repellents
How to Get Rid of Mosquitoes Quickly
If you have a mosquito problem, you likely want them gone as soon as possible. There are a variety of methods used to control mosquitoes, from traps and netting to repellents. Here’s how they differ:
- Mosquito traps come in a variety of options, from sticky traps to carbon dioxide traps. When recommended by your professional pest control expert, these can be an effective way to get rid of mosquitoes.
- Netting is a great option for those wishing to avoid mosquito bites at night.
- Repellents and barrier systems are the most common way to get rid of mosquitoes and come highly recommended when approved by the EPA.
Do You Have a Mosquito Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
Stop Mosquitoes From Returning
Once you’ve gotten rid of mosquitoes, the next goal is to keep them from returning! To be successful, it’s important to make your property less attractive to mosquitoes in the first place. Some of the best ways to do this include:
- Remove sources of standing water
- Cover spas, pools, and birdbaths
- Install screens on windows and doors
- Install or utilize fans
- Schedule a professional mosquito inspection before mosquito season
Mosquito Control For Your Eastern Tennessee Yard
When it comes to getting rid of mosquitoes in your yard and ensuring they do not return, the best option is to work with your local mosquito exterminators. The technicians at Johnson Pest Control have a comprehensive understanding of the types of mosquito problems faced here in Eastern Tennessee and can help protect you from them year-round.
How To Get Rid Of Mosquitoes In Your Yard in Sevierville TN
Serving Sevier County and surrounding areas since 1984