They may not be on the guest list, but many pests including ants, flies, mosquitoes, and other stinging insects are likely to disrupt outdoor festivities this summer. Pest season is in full force during the summer months here in Sevierville TN. Spending time outside can sometimes be a gamble considering the heightened pest activity. Unfortunately, plenty of pests are attracted to our food, so they tend to frequent our outdoor cookouts, but there are ways to prevent these uninvited guests from crashing the party. To keep pests away from your outdoor living space this summer, keep reading for expert tips from Johnson Pest Control.
Common Backyard Pest Problems
In our region, we are used to dealing with all types of pests all year long. However, the summer and early fall are known for their influx of insects. This includes right in your backyard! The most typical pests you may encounter right in your backyard include:
Can’t Keep Pests Out of Your Yard?
Keep Pests Away From Your Yard
The good news is that keeping pests away from your yard can be simple when you take the time to make your property less attractive to the pests in general. The National Pest Management Association, a nonprofit organization committed to the protection of public health, food, and property from household pests, offers these tips to help pests from ruining your summer gathering:
- Prior to the summer months, check screen doors and repair any holes.
- Remove sources of standing water in your yard, including birdbaths, wading pools, or garden ponds.
- Have insect repellant containing an EPA-registered active ingredient like DEET or Picaridin available for you and your guests.
- Adorn your deck or patio with citronella candles that can help minimize the presence of mosquitoes.
- With guests coming in and out of your house, make sure the doors close behind them.
- Plan to serve food and beverages indoors, and reserve outdoor space for eating and entertaining.
- Keep food sealed in containers whenever possible, and wipe tabletops frequently.
- Clean trash, spills, and crumbs immediately from tables and other surfaces.
- Bring utensils and dishware indoors shortly after the meal.
- Rinse all beverage bottles and cans, and dispose of them in tightly closed garbage containers.
Outdoor Pest Control in Sevierville TN
We all know that pests are a fact of life, especially outdoors and especially in the summertime! If you’ve done all you can to keep pests away from your backyard to no avail, it’s time to enlist the help of your local pest control experts. At Johnson Pest Control, we will work to keep pests out and away from your yard for good. Contact us today to get started!
Prevent Summer Pests From Ruining Outdoor Festivities in Sevierville TN
Serving Sevier County and surrounding areas since 1984