TAP® Insulation is an industry-changing product that surpasses traditional home insulation in several ways. This eco-friendly insulation not only outperforms traditional insulation in its efficiency, but it also contains a borate-based product that works to kill off some household pests. From ants to cockroaches and termites, you can rest easy knowing your home insulation is preventing unwanted infestations. TAP® pest control insulation is suitable for new and existing structures, and can even be laid on top of existing insulation. Johnson Pest Control is proud to be your local leader in home insulation services here in the Sevierville TN area. Keep reading to learn about the many benefits of TAP® pest resistant insulation.
What is TAP® Pest Control Insulation?
TAP® Insulation is our recommended home insulation product for a number of reasons. Not only does it keep structures thermally sound and aid in noise reduction, but TAP® also works to prevent and control pest problems in homes and businesses. The home insulation is infused with a borate product–when pests come into contact with it, they will die off. This pest-resistant insulation is also eco-friendly, as it is made up of recycled newspaper. This insulation does not need to be replaced for a long time once it’s installed, making it the best long-term product on the market. The insulation will remain effective for years, bringing you pest-free living in your property 24/7.
The Benefits of Johnson’s Home Insulation Services
In addition to changing the home insulation industry, TAP® pest control insulation has been a huge benefit to the pest control industry! The top 5 benefits of this insulation include:
- Reduces the costs of energy bills
- Aids in noise reduction
- Contains all-natural, eco-friendly materials
- Improves your indoor air quality
- Controls ants, cockroaches, earwigs, centipedes, darkling beetles, crickets, silverfish, millipedes, firebrats, dermestids, sowbugs, lady beetles, booklice, termites (including Formosan termites), boxelder bugs, stink bugs, kudzu bugs, bat bugs, pillbugs, snails, and slugs.
Need a Home Insulation Estimate?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
Home Insulation Services FAQ
- What does TAP® mean?
- TAP® stands for Thermal Acoustical Pest Control Insulation
- Which pests do TAP® pest control insulation prevent and control?
- Ants, cockroaches, termites, wildlife, silverfish, and fleas, among other pests.
- What is pest resistant insulation made of?
- TAP® Insulation contains more than 80% recycled newspaper infused with natural borates to kill off pests.
- How much do home insulation services cost?
- The cost to install TAP® depends on the market, location, and size of the structure. The cost of installation pays off in time due to its energy-saving attributes.
- How does TAP® Insulation kill pests?
- When pests come into contact with the pest-resistant insulation, they will contact the boric acid. After grooming and passing it on to other pests, they will ingest the borates–this will disrupt their metabolism and work to exterminate them.
- How is home insulation installed?
- TAP® Insulation is blown into the attic by the certified installers at Johnson. It can be installed over existing insulation.
- Who installs TAP® Insulation?
- Only licensed pest control professionals are authorized by the federal government to install TAP®. Johnson Pest Control is your local licensed team of installers.
- Is this home insulation eco-friendly?
- Yes! TAP® is made up of over 80% recycled newspaper, making it very environmentally friendly.
- Does TAP® kill rodents?
- No. The borates contained in TAP® Insulation only controls insects.
- Is TAP® Insulation dangerous?
- The boric acid in TAP® Insulation does not pose a threat to humans or pets. It is not flammable, either—in fact, the borates serve as a fire-retardant!
- Does pest resistant insulation lose effectiveness over time?
- Once installed, the borate-infused pest resistant insulation does not wear off over time. It is very long-lasting.
- How long does it take to install TAP® Insulation?
- Although the size of the property affects the time, it typically takes four to six hours to install pest resistant insulation.
TAP PEST Resistant Insulation Installers in TN
At Johnson, we are committed to keeping you pest-free by getting rid of the conditions that invite pests inside in the first place! Our home insulation services can help decrease the risk of pest problems inside your home. TAP pest control insulation is a smart investment for new and existing structures, and we are proud to have licensed technicians that have the experience needed to install it in your Sevierville TN property. To learn more, give our team a call!Back to Residential Pest Control
Home Insulation in Sevierville TN
Serving Sevier County and surrounding areas since 1984