How can I prevent termites naturally?
When a termite infestation is discovered, you may be tempted to try natural treatment methods. However, all-natural termite solutions are not potent enough to control an active infestation, but, they may help protect your home or yard from termite activity.
Many people are wary of pest control treatments that may appear to be dangerous. All-natural termite prevention can help put your mind at ease. Some of the all-natural methods used to prevent termites include orange oil, cardboard traps, diatomaceous earth, and boric acid. These all work in different ways to repel termites.
Tips to Prevent Termites Naturally
If you currently have an active termite infestation, you will need professional treatment to get rid of them. That said, there are several all-natural methods that may help prevent or repel termites from your home or business. These include:
- Orange oil: Can be sprayed into high-risk areas for termites, including crawlspaces and attics.
- Diatomaceous earth: Used to control many types of garden pests, this can be mixed with soil, water, or paint to help keep termites away.
- Nematodes: Certain groups of parasitic nematodes are known to feed on termites, making them a natural form of biological control.
- Cardboard traps: These are often effective because they contain the cellulose that attracts termites. The hope is that any nearby termites will gather near the trap, which can then be disposed of by burning.
- Sunlight: Termites are very sensitive to sunlight; exposing infested furniture to daylight can kill off any hiding termites.
- Boric acid: Available in liquid or dust form, boric acid works to kill termites and other pests in or near the home.
Do You Have a Termite Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
Can I Get Rid of Termites Naturally?
DIY vs. Professional Termite Prevention
How can I prevent termites naturally? in Sevierville TN
Serving Sevier County and surrounding areas since 1984