How Do You Prevent Termites From Spreading in Eastern Tennessee?
To protect your property from termites and to keep termites from spreading in your Eastern Tennessee home, it’s important to implement preventative measures and contact a professional termite exterminator for assistance.
There are several actions you can take to prevent termites. These measures include eliminating excess moisture in the home by repairing leaky pipes, cleaning up debris, fixing damaged wood, and more. If you already have termites in or around your home, contact a professional termite exterminator right away. An expert can help stop an active infestation from spreading.
How Do I Keep Termites From Coming Back?
To prevent termites, prevention measures should be performed by a professional who can safely administer treatment. However, there are actions you can take to make your property less appealing to termites:
- Eliminate sources of moisture and standing water, and repair leaking faucets or broken water pipes.
- Ensure that your yard has good drainage, avoid excess mulch, and clean out gutters regularly.
- Be cautious of areas in the home where wood is in contact with soil.
- Keep piles of lumber or firewood away from the foundation of your home, and eliminate any sources of decaying lumber.
- Regularly inspect your deck, patio, or outdoor furniture for signs of damage.
- Remove dead trees, branches, and debris from areas surrounding your yard.
Do You Have a Termite Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
How to Stop A Termite Infestation
Once you have discovered termite activity in your yard or home, it’s important to call a termite exterminator immediately. Although they cannot reverse the damage that has already been done, a professional can begin implementing preventative measures during an active infestation and keep it from spreading.
Quick, reliable, and professional treatment will eliminate current termite activity, and prevent the possibility of future infestations. The team at Johnson Pest Control can stop an infestation from spreading in your Eastern Tennessee property.
How do you prevent termites from spreading in Eastern Tennessee? in Sevierville TN
Serving Sevier County and surrounding areas since 1984