Seems that every time we look at the news this summer we see a new report about the West Nile Virus and with over 1,000 cases in 48 states reported so far this season, it’s no wonder. According to the CDC 2012 has experienced the highest number of West Nile Virus cases reported since its first detection in the US in 1999. Here in Tennessee there have been 5 human West Nile cases reported in 2012, according to the TN Dept of Health. To keep you and your family safe this season follow these rules for preventing West Nile Virus.
- Apply insect repellent that contains an EPA-registered active ingredient, such as DEET, to skin or clothing before you head out doors
- Prime times to get bit are dusk and dawn, if possible avoid being out doors at these times
- Eliminate standing water where mosquitoes can lay eggs
- Install or Repair Window and Door Screens
- Support Community-Based Mosquito Control Programs
West Nile Virus Prevention Tips in Sevierville TN
Serving Knoxville TN since 1984