Spring is almost here in the Sevierville area, and many people are welcoming the warmer weather. Unfortunately, with the spring season comes the pest season. This time of year, many pests that may have been less active in the winter have a resurgence of sorts. To prevent the many types of pests that will likely look to invade your Tennessee home, it’s important to implement some pest prevention measures into your spring cleaning routine! Read on for top tips from the experts at Johnson Pest Control.
Spring Pests in Tennessee
While many of the following pests are active all year long, they are particularly in action starting in the spring months. There are five pests in particular that create trouble for property owners every spring: ants, stinging insects (wasps and hornets), stink bugs, termites, and rodents! Spring is simply the start of the pest season and can last well into the summer if pest control isn’t implemented right away. By safeguarding your property now, you can help lessen the risk of getting an infestation as pests become more and more active.
5 Spring Cleaning Tips for Pest Prevention
With so many people planning to clean their home for springtime anyway, it’s the perfect opportunity to implement pest control measures. For the best chance of making your home unsavory for pests, try the following tips:
- Tidy up! Clean under furniture, wipe down surfaces, and inspect areas of your home that need some fixing up.
- Clean your windows and doors thoroughly. If you find any cracks or crevices make sure to securely seal them.
- Deep-clean your carpets and rugs. Vacuum, shampoo, or even steam-clean the surface.
- Sanitize and clean your kitchen with a focus on your appliances. Crumbs and spilled liquids welcome all types of insects and pests.
- Remove debris from your yard, and trim any shrubs or tree branches away from your home. Clear out your gutters and downspouts.
You Have Pests in the Spring—Now What?
Sometimes pests are inevitable, especially this time of year. For your best chance at controlling active infestations and preventing future ones, the exterminators at Johnson can help. Our team will work with you to develop a custom pest control plan suited to the needs of your property.
Common Spring Pests to Be on the Lookout For in Sevierville TN
Serving Sevier County and surrounding areas since 1984