As many of you may have noticed, as the weather cools, ladybugs are searching for places to overwinter and making their way into many homes. Lady bugs like to aggregate on the south sides of large objects such as trees or houses during the winter months. If they make their way inside they crawl about on windows, walls, attics, etc., often emitting a noxious odor and yellowish fluid that may stain walls or fabrics such as window treatments and furniture.
Follow these tips to help prevent lady bugs from entering your home:
- Seal cracks and crevices on the outside of the home with caulk.
- Install door sweeps on exterior doors and repair damaged screens.
- Replace loose mortar and weather stripping around the basement foundation and windows.
- Screen vents and openings to chimneys.
- A vacuum can be used to remove lady bugs once they have entered your home.
Now is the time to schedule your lady bug treatment. Call our Service Center today at 865-453-7587.