How to Prevent Mosquitoes in Your Yard
To avoid dealing with mosquitoes every summer, you need to learn how to make your property less attractive to them in the first place. Mosquitoes are attracted to areas with standing water. To prevent mosquitoes in your yard, it’s important to get rid of the areas that attract them. Here’s how:
- Get rid of standing water
- Cover spas, pools, and birdbaths
- Install screens on windows and doors
- Utilize fans to create a windy environment
- Schedule professional mosquito inspections
What Draws Mosquitoes to My Backyard?
Certain regions experience more mosquitoes than others. As a Tennessee resident, you can be sure to experience a flux of mosquito problems in the summer months. If you live near heavily wooded areas, you may also experience more mosquitoes. In general, mosquitoes will invade your backyard if they find suitable breeding grounds. This is why it’s crucial to eliminate the things that may attract mosquitoes.
Do You Have a Mosquito Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
How to Keep Mosquitoes Away From Your Yard
- Cover or pour out things that carry standing water. Get rid of stagnant water in buckets, flowerpots, birdbaths, tarps, and more. Mosquitoes use standing water to lay their eggs.
- Consider getting fish for ponds and agitating the water. Certain types of fish will feed on mosquito larvae. Alternatively, adding an agitator will stop mosquitoes from laying eggs in the water.
- Place screens on windows and doors. Installing screens on your doors and windows can keep mosquitoes from getting indoors every time you try to get some fresh air.
- Keep a tidy yard. Regularly maintain your garden and lawn to keep the grass short. Also keep plants and bushes trimmed to prevent mosquito resting spots.
- Install or utilize fans. Mosquitoes hate wind and are not strong fliers. Use fans to help force them away from your outdoor areas.
- Inspect your yard regularly. Always look for potential mosquito breeding grounds and eliminate them. You may consider hiring your local mosquito control experts for assistance.
Professional Mosquito Prevention in Eastern Tennessee
If the aforementioned mosquito prevention tips did not prevent an infestation in your yard, it’s time to call your local mosquito exterminators. The experts at Johnson Pest Control will work with you to prevent mosquitoes in your yard with repellents, exclusion efforts, and more.
How To Prevent Mosquitoes In Your Yard in Sevierville TN
Serving Sevier County and surrounding areas since 1984